A horrified customer cried out in pain when he bit into a potato bhaji which was stuffed with 12 metal staples.

Karishma Halai, 22, ordered a takeaway from Everest Spice the Honeypot in Stanmore, north west London, but was ‘horrified’ when her dad bit into a potato bhaji and found it filled with staples.

The mum-of-one, who ordered the food on February 8 for a family meal, said her 52-year-old dad Naran Halai yelled out in pain when he bit into the crispy Indian starter.

A Brent Council spokesperson told Mirror Online that the Environmental Health service is now investigating the incident.

Karishma Halai, 22, ordered a takeaway from Everest Spice the Honeypot in Stanmore, London

Karishma said: “My dad went, ‘ow, ow!’ He spat out the bhajia and there were all these staples in it.

“There must have been 12 staples in there and that was just in the one piece.”

Miss Halai, from Stanmore, said her dad suffered minor injuries to the inside of his mouth and had a sore tooth after the incident.

But she said it was lucky that her 16-month-old son Kai hadn’t chomped on the staples instead.

Restaurant staff apologised after staples were allegedly found in the food

She told the Harrow Times newspaper this week: “I could have easily given my son the one with the staples in it. If he’d eaten them I would have been absolutely disgusted.

“I don’t want to think about it. I can imagine looking at my son and worrying so much. I would have been absolutely horrified.”

Writing on Facebook, she said: “At the end of the day that is metal in your food, that’s crazy!

“Definitely will be taking this further as Kai could have easily eaten the staples. My dad did. I am appalled at their lack of health and safety concerns.

Her dad, Naran Halai, yelled out in pain when he bit into the crispy Indian starter

“How on earth does this happen? I complained and was told that accidents happen – this response is ridiculous.”

Miss Halai’s fiance Jonathan Peacock, 42, stormed round to the eatery to complain and bosses at the restaurant apologised.

Krishna Bhattarai, the boss of Everest Spice the Honeypot, confirmed that a stapler was found in the kitchen near a ‘food preparation area’ and offered the family a refund and a free meal and drinks.

A Brent Council spokesperson told Mirror Online that the Environmental Health service is investigating the incident.

The spokesperson said: “We were made aware of a complaint by a member of the public after purchasing food from Everest Spice The Honeypot restaurant in Stanmore.

“All food operators have a legal duty to ensure that the food they produce is safe to eat.

“Brent Council’s Environmental Health service has opened an investigation and will take swift, appropriate action once findings are complete.”



Source link

mirror

Related Posts

leave a comment

Create Account



Log In Your Account