An adorable little boy trapped his head inside a toilet seat and had to be freed by firefighters.
The three-year-old toddler cried as firefighters first tried to cut him free but then decided to burn through the plastic instead to avoid injuring the child’s fragile neck with sharp plastic shards or pliers.
The boy, who was not named, lives in the city of Nanjing, capital of East China’s Jiangsu Province.
His grandparents, who look after him while his parents work, carried him to the Gulou District Fire Department with the plastic toilet seat lodged firmly around his neck.
According to the boy’s grandma, the “playful” boy was bored and put his head into the ring of the baby toilet seat.
He found himself trapped and began crying when he could not remove it again.
Footage taken at the fire department shows firemen trying their best to comfort the tot as he cries: “I want to go home.”
The firefighters tried using a pair of hydraulic pliers to cut through the plastic, but they feared the sharp material could harm the little boy.
They then use what appears to be a soldering iron instead and melt through the plastic over the course of several minutes, removing enough of the toilet seat for the boy’s head to be freed.
The clip ends before his head is removed, but it is clear that the rescue was successful – partly because one of the firefighters started playing cartoons on his phone for the boy to watch.